Hometown Hooch MxMo XCVII
You can read more at the announcement post here, but the idea is to use locally distilled spirits in a cocktail. I have chosen Rebecca Creek Distillery for three reasons:
- We use their Enchanted Rock Vodka as one of our go to’s
- We have a great Old Fashioned using their Texas Whiskey
- It’s the only Texas Hill Country distillery that I’ve heard mentioned in a Country song!
I’m Not Dead Yet (Just Married)
Rebecca Creek Fine Texas Spirit Whiskey is very smooth with a little bite at the finish. The flavors are primarily barrel notes of vanilla and herbs. It is composed of young barrel aged Texas whiskey and 8 year old Kentucky Bourbon and comes off similar to a Canadian Blend. In this cocktail, these flavors back up the Black Mission Fig Bitters and the smokey agave. Made as a built drink, the initial taste is strong, but as it is sipped and swirled in your hand, the ice melts and the drink cools providing a enjoyably long, slow finish.
- 1 1/2 oz. Rebecca Creek Fine Texas Spirit Whiskey
- 2 droppers full Brooklyn Hemispherical Black Mission Fig Bitters
- 1/4 oz. Agave syrup
- Orange peel for garnish
- Combine the first 3 ingredients in an unchilled, single Old Fashioned glass and stir
- Gently add a large ice cube
- Express the oil from the orange peel over the drink and float the peel.