A zero proof substitute for falernum.
Makes 1 Cup
Time: 15 minutes
- 1 Cup Fresh lime juice
- 1 Cup thinly sliced peeled fresh ginger or 4 oz crushed ginger
- 2 Whole cloves
- 2 Allspice berries
- 1/4 tsp. Ground nutmeg
- 1 Cup Sugar
- Add all ingredients to a small sauce pan and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- When the sugar dissolves, reduce the heat, cover the pot and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Allow to cool slightly
- Strain through a fine mesh strainer and discard solids
- Store syrup in refrigerator. Will keep about a week.