Kids love special drinks as much as adults. Especially if it’s made just for them. The carbonated coconut water is a bit over the top, but once again, with a little effort the kids feel really special. I used an an iSi Whipper and a CO2 charge since my siphon is full of water. You can also put still coconut water in the shaker with the rest of the ingredients and then top the glass with a dash of plain carbonated water.
If you use falernum, it has an ABV of 10% so your finished drink will have an ABV of ½%. If that’s too high, substitute the easy ginger lime syrup below.
- 1½ oz. Fresh lime juice
- ½ oz. Falernum or Ginger Lime Syrup – see below
- ½ oz. Orgeat
- ½ oz. Simple Syrup
- 4 oz. Carbonated Fresh coconut water or carbonated water
- Add the first 4 ingredients to a shaker with ice and shake to chill
- Pour shaker, unstrained, into chilled Collins glass and top with more ice
- Add the carbonated coconut water to fill
- Stir and garnish with lime wheel or wedge
Easy Ginger Lime Syrup
Makes 1 Cup
Time: 15 minutes
- 1 Cup Fresh lime juice
- 1 Cup thinly sliced peeled fresh ginger or 4 oz crushed ginger
- 2 Whole cloves
- 2 Allspice berries
- 1/4 tsp. Ground nutmeg
- 1 Cup Sugar
- Add all ingredients to a small sauce pan and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- When the sugar dissolves, reduce the heat, cover the pot and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Allow to cool slightly
- Strain through a fine mesh strainer and discard solids
- Store syrup in refrigerator. Will keep about a week.