This drink requires Bad Dog Barcraft’s Fire and Damnation Bitters available here. You want several dashes of the bitters to enable the flavors to come through. Then balance the bitterness with the agave. Be careful not to make it sweet.
- 2 ozs. Good aged bourbon such as Russell’s Reserve 10 Year Old or Basil Hayden
- 3-4 dashes Bad Dog Barcraft’s Fire and Damnation Bitters – about 1 barspoon
- 1/4 oz Agave Nectar or more to taste
- Lemon or orange zest
- Chill a single old fashioned glass with ice and water.
- Add all ingredients to a mixing glass with ice and stir.
- Pour over a large fresh ice cube in chilled glass.
- Twist zest over glass and discard