You can make up the filling and freeze it for later use.
Makes 24 jalapeno poppers
- 2 links Mexican chorizo, casings removed
- 1/2 pound smoked gouda, shredded
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onions
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 12 large jalapeno peppers, stemmed, seeded and halved length wise
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Brown chorizo in a skillet over medium-high heat, about 8 to 10 minutes. Drain and place into a large mixing bowl.
- Add the cheese, red onion, egg, cream cheese, sour cream, hot sauce, and salt and pepper, to taste.
- Press filling into jalapeno halves and assemble on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake until golden and bubbly, about 20 minutes.