I generally use a blended malt scotch for this cocktail. The smoked chai tea really plays along with the background Drambuie. This requires a Smoke Gun.
- 2 ozs. Scotch
- 1/2 ozs. Drambuie
- 1 lemon zest
- 1 dash Jerry Thomas Bitters – sub Angostura
- 1 tsp. Chai tea
- Smoke tea in gun with the tube placed in a lidded decanter. When decanter is full of smoke, remove smoke tube and seal.
- Chill a single old fashioned glass with ice and water.
- In a mixing glass, muddle lemon zest with the Drambuie and bitters
- Add Scotch and ice. Stir to chill. Strain into smoke filled bottle and reseal. Give the drink a few good shakes in the smokey bottle.
- Pour drink over fresh ice in the chilled old fashioned glass.
- You can use the smokey bottle for 2 or 3 drinks.