Treaty Oak Distilling is aging their gin in whiskey barrels to create their Waterloo Antique Gin. This is truly a unique gin. It has the sweet caramel nose that you would expect from the barrel aging but with the addition of the herbaceous input of gin. The flavors are citrus, spice and herbs with a finish of charred oak that is long and smooth. We combined this with Italian vermouth and Amaro.
- 1 1/2 oz. Waterloo Antique Gin
- 1/2 oz. Carpano Antica Vermouth
- 1/4 oz. Averna Amaro
- Lemon peel for garnish
- Stir the first three ingredients in a mixing glass with ice to chill
- Strain into a chilled coup
- Express the lemon peel over the drink and float the peel