This daiquiri was inspired by my friend Marcus Zuazua. At his instigation, (I swear it was all his fault), I purchased a bottle of premium aged rum. Then I went looking for a way to enjoy it. My search brought me to Hemingway’s favorite daiquiri. With some alterations and a nod to Hemingway, here is my concoction.
- 2 oz. good aged rum
- ¼ oz. Luxardo Maraschino Liqueur
- 2 oz. fresh lime juice
- 1 oz. simple syrup
- Chill a martini glass with ice and water.
- While the glass chills, combine all of the ingredients in a shaker.
- Shake with ice until shaker is fully frosted: 10 – 15 seconds
- Strain into the chilled martini glass.
- Enjoy (and toast my friend Dr. Z)