Veridian – an Elegant Gin Martini
This beautiful Martini combines the herbal qualities of Gin and Chartreuse. We used Gin Mare, which has a balanced juniper note and is distilled from olives, among other botanicals, all of which play perfectly with Doc Elliott’s Olive Bitters.
The nose presents juniper with touches of woodiness, herbs and citrus. The taste is soft juniper with citrus, herbs and a hint of anise. The finish is savory from the Olive Bitters with a bit of spice.
- 1 1/2 oz Gin Mare
- 1/2 oz Quality Dry Vermouth (or 1/4 oz Dry and 1/4 oz Bianco Vermouth)
- 1 bar spoon Chartreuse
- 1 Dash Doc Elliott’s Olive Bitters
- Olives for garnish
- Chill a cocktail glass with ice and water
- Combine all ingredients, except the garnish, in a mixing glass with ice
- Stir to combine and chill
- Double strain into chilled cocktail glass