I like my whiskey sours 1:1 bourbon and lemon sour. For the lemon sour, I prefer 2:1 lemon to simple syrup. I also like the mouth feel of egg white.
- 1 1/2 oz. Belle Meade Bourbon
- 1 oz. Fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 oz. Simple syrup
- 1 large egg white (can use 3 Tbl. pasteurized egg whites but it will not be the same)
- Add all ingredients, in order to a shaker and shake for 30 sec without ice to emulsify the egg white.
- Add 3 regular sized ice cubes plus on large cube (1 1/2 – 2 inches)* to the shaker and shake to chill 10 – 15 sec.
- Double strain into a chilled coup and serve
* using a large ice cube creates a silky finish that complements the egg white. You can omit this and use regular ice but you should get a large ice cube tray!