Grenadine is made from pomegranates, not cherries. It is supposed to be red. If you boil this, it will be brown. There is no need to reduce the juice on the stove. Heat it just enough to dissolve the sugar, no more. You can use Whey Low, but it will not be as sweet.
- 2 cups unsweetened pomegranate juice
- 4 cups sugar or 2 cups Whey Low
- 1 tsp. rose water
- 2 oz. pomegranate molasses
- Handful dried hibiscus flowers (optional)
- In a sauce pan, slowly heat juice and sugar, stirring constantly, until sugar is completely dissolved. Do not allow to boil.
- Add hibiscus flowers, if using, and simmer on very low for 10 min.
- Remove from heat, fish out and discard the Hibiscus leaves, and add rose water and molasses.
- Allow to cool and decant into a glass bottle.
- Keep refrigerated.
Pingback: Champagne Flamingo | Doc Elliott's Mixology
Pingback: Honey Badger | Doc Elliott's Mixology