This is based on “Old Fashioned” Simple Syrup, an idea I got from Jamie Boudreau – famous mixologist. The changes are the brown sugar and different bitters. I prefer my house made bitters, of course, but Fee Brothers Aromatic Bitters works well. Angostura will not work because it lacks the cinnamon flavor of the Fee Brothers.
- 1 cup Brown Sugar, or 3/4 cup Brown WheyLow
- 4 ozs. Good Bourbon
- 2 ozs. Fee Brothers Aromatic Bitters
- Add all ingredients to a sauce pan over medium heat
- Stir constantly until the sugar has dissolved
- Allow to cool and transfer to a glass bottle.
- This will keep refrigerated for a few weeks.
- Shake well before using