I think that Flips, in all of their forms, are an interesting type of cocktail. This drink is kind of a grownup eggnog – rich and creamy but not cloyingly sweet, with a bittersweet component which creates an intricate cocktail that speaks rum, coffee and the deep, earthy flavors of Amaro Nino. Perfect for the Holidays!
- 2 oz White rum
- 1 oz. Amaro Nino
- 3/4 oz Cream
- 1/2 oz 2:1 Simple Syrup
- 1/2 oz Coffee Liqueur – I used Starbucks
- 1 Lg Egg
- Chill a large Coup with ice and water
- Combine all ingredients in a shaker without ice and dry shake for 30 seconds (Make 4 of these and you can have an extra slice of pie!)
- Add ice to the shaker and shake to chill
- Double strain into chilled glass
- Allow the foam to rise to the top for 15-20 seconds then grate a little nutmeg on the top.