This is a smoky, spicy version of the Tequila Old Fashioned. You can use an iSi Whipper for instant gratification, or give yourself a couple of days to let the tequila infuse with the chipotle. Either way, this is an impressive, complex cocktail.
- 2 oz. Chipotle infused reposado tequila – see below
- 1 tsp. agave syrup
- 2 dashes Mole Bitters
- Chill an old fashioned glass with ice and water
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing glass and stir with ice
- Strain over fresh ice in chilled glass
- Garnish with a lime twist
Chipotle Infused Tequila
- 2-3 Dried chipotle peppers chopped
- 1/2 tsp Cocoa Nibs
- 1/2 tsp Dried orange peel
- 8 oz. Tequila (Use the type of tequila you plan to use in the base drink).
- Add all ingredients to whipper and follow instructions for nitrogen cavitation
- You may want to dilute this 1:1 or even 1:2 with the same tequila