Everyone loves this sweet, spicy, chewy bacon. Perfect for cocktails.
Serving: 10 pieces
- 5 slices thick cut bacon cut in half to make 10 short pieces
- 2 Tbls. Brown sugar
- 1/2 Tsp Cayenne
- 1/2 Tsp Ancho powder or chili powder
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Line a full sheet pan with aluminum foil and place a rack in the pan (rack is optional)
- Combine sugar and chili powders in a small bowl
- Line bacon pieces side by side on wax paper and cover generously with half the sugar mixture
- Place the bacon strips, sugar side down on the rack in the sheet pan
- sprinkle with the remaining sugar mixture
- Bake for 10 – 15 min. closely watching after 10 min to prevent burning
- Allow to cool and serve
- May be kept at room temperature for several hours.