Christmas is upon us. In other words, it’s that time of year when we find ourselves faced with last minute entertaining “opportunities!”
You don’t have to reinvent the cocktail to provide your guests with memorable Holiday themed libations. Simply use great existing recipes and give them festive names. The following examples are easy to make using common ingredients:
- Conquistador Punch from Imbibe Magazine
- Christmas Punk also from Imbibe Magazine
- Snow Drift from Cinco Vodka
- Midori Sour
Krampus Dare – aka Conquistador Punch
This is a punch, which means that you can make it as a single cocktail or in small to large batches. While definitely a tequila drink, it is balanced by the brightness of the citrus and mellowed by the sherry.
The recipe is:
- 3 parts Reposado Tequila
- 1 1/2 part Sherry
- 1 1/2 part Lime juice
- 1 1/2 part Orange Juice
- 1 part simple syrup
For 2 single drinks, think ounces for parts and shake all ingredients with ice and strain into chilled cocktail glasses. Garnish with an orange peel.
For a pitcher, combine ingredients with ice and stir to chill. Strain into a pitcher and refrigerate. Serve in chilled cocktail glasses and garnish with fat orange peels.
For a punch bowl, combine ingredients with ice cubes and stir to chill. When chilled, remove ice cubes and replace them with a large piece of ice. Add slices of limes and oranges and ladle into cups.
St. Nickolas Punch aka Christmas Punk
This drink combines apple and ginger with the richness of port and the spice of the bitters.
- 2 oz. Applejack
- 1 oz. Domaine de Canton
- 3/4 oz. Port
- 3 dashes Fees Brothers Whiskey Barrel Aged Bitters
- Long Lemon peel for garnish
- Combine all ingredients except the garnish in a mixing glass with ice.
- Strain into a chilled cocktail glass
- Garnish with the lemon peel
This is a pretty drink reminiscent of eggnog with a hint of chocolate.
- 2 oz. Chilled Vodka
- 3/4 oz. Cointreau
- 1 oz. White Creme de Cacao
- 2 oz. Heavy Cream
- Grated white chocolate for garnish
- Combine the ingredients except the garnish in a shaker without ice. Shake for 30 seconds.
- Add ice and shake until welled chilled
- Strain into a chilled cocktail or martini glass and garnish with the chocolate
Christmas Kiss aka Midori Sour
- 2 oz. Midori
- 2 oz. Fresh lemon juice
- 1 oz. simple syrup
- Brandied cherry for garnish.
- Combine all ingredients except the cherry in a shaker with ice. Shake until well chilled.
- Strain into a chilled martini glass and drop in the cherry.
Remember to use premium ingredients and fresh juices.