Whether fruit or vegetable, rhubarb heralds Spring. The Rhubarb Blush is fresh and light like the new season.
This a simple pomegranate gin sour. Pomegranate juice is tart and not overly sweet. It pairs well with rhubarb and ginger, which is why we chose Whitley Neill Gin. The Whitley Neill Gin is distilled with rhubarb and ginger along with other botanicals, or you can substitute your favorite gin. The nose is pomegranate, juniper, and herbs. The taste is gin and pomegranate with subtle rhubarb and a touch of ginger.
- 1 1/2 oz. Whitley Neill Gin
- 1 3/4 oz. Pomegranate juice
- 1/4 oz. 2:1 Simple Syrup
- 1 bar spoon Domaine de Canton Ginger Liqueur
- Lemon peel
- Chill a cocktail glass with ice and water
- Add all ingredients to a mixing glass with ice and stir to chill
- Double strain into chilled cocktail glass
- Express the lemon peel over the drink and discard the peel