This is a rich, bittersweet version of an Irish coffee. I’ve used coffee syrup, which is easy to make and works much better than hot brewed coffee in cold cocktails. The flavors are coffee first with a background of bittersweet and a creamy texture.
- 2 oz. Cold brewed coffee syrup – see below
- 1 oz Irish whiskey – I used Tullamore Dew Special Reserve 12 yr.
- 1 oz. Licor 43
- 1/2 oz Montenegro
- 1/2 oz 2:1 Simple syrup
- 1/2 oz Cream
- Coffee beans for garnish
- Chill a large Coup with ice and water
- Combine all ingredients, except garnish, in a cocktail shaker with ice
- Shake to chill
- Double strain into chilled glass
- Allow the foam to rise to the top for 15-20 seconds then carefully drop three coffee beans on top for garnish