Mayahuel was the Aztec Goddess of the maguey of which the agave is a type. She was the mother of the “400 rabbit” gods of drunkenness. This margarita plays on the agave with tequila, agave orange liqueur, and agave nectar. I use Maestro Dobel Diamond Tequila or you can use Hornitos. I find both of these tequilas one-dimensional with a spicy pepper note which actually plays well here. You can easily use any good white tequila.
- 1 ½ oz. Maestro Dobel Diamond Tequila
- 1 ½ oz. fresh lime juice
- 1 1/2 oz. Agavero Orange Liqueur
- 1 1/2 tsp. Agave Nectar
- Pinch of salt
- Chill margarita glass with a few ice cubes and water
- To a shaker add all of the ingredients.
- Shake with ice until shaker is frosted 10-15 sec
- Strain into chilled glass