Whether it’s a cold, snowy Winter’s evening, or a warm Spring afternoon, a well-crafted Old Fashioned is an excellent libation. Our Walnut Old Fashioned features the spice of a good Rye Whiskey and the warming notes of Doc Elliott’s MixologyTM Walnut Bitters. We use agave syrup since its early sweetness matches the bitter profile of our Walnut Bitters. The flavors are slight sweetness followed by spicy Rye and walnut. The finish is soft and smooth. Here’s the recipe:
Walnut Old Fashioned
- 2 oz Rye Whiskey
- 1 barspoon of Agave Syrup – to taste
- 4-5 dropper fulls of Doc Elliott’s MixologyTM Walnut Bitters
- Lemon peel for garnish
- Chill a single old fashioned glass with ice and water
- Combine all ingredients, except the garnish, in a mixing glass with ice and stir to chill
- Strain into the chilled old fashioned glass over fresh ice.
- Express the lemon peel over the drink and float the peel.